What skills and abilities do employers look for when they hire people for sales jobs? Here’s a sampling of skills and abilities from sales jobs currently posted online. Across roles and industries, you see common threads. Let’s look at some sales jobs.
Construction Products Inside Sales
- Provide knowledgeable and friendly customer service.
- Use a database to research and identify contractor leads.
- Conduct contractor sales calls, displaying an in-depth knowledge of all products.
- Build strong relationships and demonstrate knowledge of customers’ unique preferences.
- Proficiency in Windows Microsoft programs (Excel and Power Point).
Outside Territory Sales / Termite Control
- Ability to prepare appropriate specs and calculate job costs.
- Learn sales techniques and product knowledge.
- Deal courteously with customers.
- Contact customers after service is performed to ensure satisfaction and develop additional prospects.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate rate, ratio, and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
B2B Outside Sales / Financial Products
- Identify business needs, and match those needs with company’s solutions.
- Explain services in simple yet effective and persuasive terms.
- Develop business relationships with business owners in your area.
- Excellent customer service and follow-up skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer functions.
- Experience with sales, business development, managing customer relations a plus.
TV Ad Spots Sales
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in TV or media.
- Successful B to B or B to C sales track record.
- Ability to prospect and generate new business with a revenue focused mentality.
- Excellent persuasive and influencing skills to overcome objections and have passion.
- Stellar written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency with email, social media, and the internet.
That’s just a sampling. There are literally hundreds of thousands of sales jobs available in the U.S. every day. No college degree is needed for many of these, but rather, key sales competencies and skills. Relationship-building. Customer service. Research. Communication. Interpersonal effectiveness. Presentation skills. Technical ability. Math.
Effective, affordable certification training leads to sales jobs
Virtanza™ Sales Training, Certification, and Career Placement Assistance Course presented by Sales2Job Academy teaches new skills and maximizes existing ones. The Academy’s admission requirements and the Virtanza™ curriculum ensure that when students receive their professional sales consultant certification, they are on the launch pad for success. To be accepted, students must have above-average communication/writing and math skills.
Course graduates who are starting their careers or changing to a new career want to break into sales at the entry level. Virtanza™ certification means they have successfully demonstrated key sales skills and can prove it when they apply foir sales jobs. Experienced salespeople who want to take their careers to a new level can gain, too. Education and certification as a professional sales consultant adds advanced customer research and enhanced relationship-building skills to their resumes.
NOTE: Virtanza™ is also available for college students as a two-hour college credit course. The course is available to colleges as a result of an evaluation and recommendation for college credit by The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT®). The recommendation is specific to the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category in business communications, sales, or marketing.
To learn additional course details, visit http://sales2jobacademy.com/for-professionals.